Marching Band Checklist
May 4, 6pm: Attend the virtual, new member orientation
- GoToMeeting details will be emailed in advance
- Join the General Band Meeting just afterward at 7pm
- If you don't yet have a Membership Toolkit account (GreenHopeBand.org), be sure to create an account. Your account will add you to the email distribution list, which is how we communicate what to know and how to prepare for upcoming events. You don't want to miss these.
- Consider some of the ways you might contribute to the Band Organization - it takes a village! Examples include: volunteer to chaperone, volunteer for behind-the-scenes activities (uniforms, roadies, car washing, fund raising), donate snacks for games and competitions, monetary donations, etc.
Before May 18: Submit online Registration forms
- If you haven't yet, create a user account on greenhopeband.org. Go here for instructions.
- Submit three online Registration forms, following the steps outlined on the Registration page.
- All known conflicts for camps, competitions, practices etc. need to be submitted using the Green Hope Band Absence Form before registration night on May 18th. Please review Important Dates to determine if you have any conflicts.
May 18, 7pm: Attend the in-person Registration Night at GH with your marcher
- This is mandatory for each marching band member and at least one parent
- Print out your receipt for payment of registration
- Bring signed paper copies of the Permission/Medical, Photo Consent and Instrument Rental agreement (see Registration instructions for more details)
- Sign up for volunteer opportunities that work with your schedule
- Check out our Sprit Wear!
June 7-9: Marchers attend mini-camp (see calendar for specific times)
- Loaner instruments will be distributed
Early July: Get excited for Band Camp, and begin to prepare
- Check out "What Should I Bring to Band Camp"
- The week prior to Band Camp ensure your marcher/musician/guard starts hydrating, and gets plenty of sleep
July 19: Band Camp Begins (see calendar for timing)
Be sure to attend the Informance on the last day of Band Camp, July 30. Friends and families are invited to see the amazing progress our kids will have made in only two weeks.
By this point your marchers will be truly plugged in. To keep up-to-date, in addition to our Band Booster emails, be sure to use the online band calendar. This is where you'll find all the dates and times for August rehearsals and football games, as well as all of the band competitions and variety of activities taking place Aug-Dec. It's going to be a fantastic season!
Go Green Hope!
- Tuesday, June 29
- Tuesday, July 6
- Thursday, July 8
- Tuesday, July 13
- Thursday, July 15
- Friday, July 16